While I may be a woman, and I do not wear menswear or have a mans body, I understand fashion and usually how men look their best.
As just a disclaimer: Everything that I blog about is based on my own fashion research, runway shows, and an idea of how women like to see men dressed. I am not trying to tell you how to dress, I am just giving you ideas and information, it is your responsibility to put your own twist on it.
Some must have’s for a mans wardrobe are as follows:
1. Suit: A well tailored suit, preferably in black or grey. This is a staple in every wardrobe, I am a woman and I even have a suit, both skirt and pant, therefore it is very important for a man to have one also.
2. Leather Jacket: Leather is luxury, its expensive, but it is also that edginess that most men crave. I am not asking you to buy a 1950’s bomber jacket, a well tailored leather jacket in chocolate brown or black is going to give you a strong edgy vibe!
3. Sweaters: One of the most classic looks a man can wear is a button down shirt, with a sweater on top. This is classic, timeless, and it will never go out of style! Play up the colors that will bring out eye color and hair color.
4. White Button Down Shirt: Pretty straight forward, it is classic and timeless. White shirts will never go out of style and it is very versatile.
5. Khaki Trousers: As long as they do not have pleats, you will be safe, get rid of all “dad” jeans. Get a mid-rise trouser that easily can be paired with a colorful sweater or button down shirt.
6. Suede Boots: Just like in the picture below, these can be easily paired with your khaki’s or with jeans. It is a lot more “fashion forward” than sneakers, or sandals.
7. Black Leather Shoes: Once again, pair these with your khakis or with your suits will take you a long way! Make sure you care for the leather! If you are a little on the shorter side, DO NOT get a rounded or square toe shoe, go for a more pointed toe. I understand that men do not wear pointed toe shoes, but they do if they are not happy with their height. The pointed toe will elongate the look of your leg, it is the same with females.
8. Reversible Leather Belt: Brown/Black leather belt is going to match with everything, and since it is reversible, it does not take up 2 belt hooks in your closet!
9. Cashmere Sweater: Women like touching soft clothes. Women like the 3 S’s in fashion: Shiny, Soft, Silky. Cashmere is one of the softest materials in the world, if you want a woman to be hugging you and being affectionate with you, wear a soft cashmere sweater. Make sure you look at the washing instructions!
10. Scarf: I get it, men don’t wear “scarfs”. Well change that! Men in scarves are a lot more attractive than a man who wears just a jacket. Scarves are very versatile and not to mention warm!
11: Black Pea coat: One of the best looks I can think of on a man in the winter or fall, is in a well tailored pea coat! It’s “usually” made of a softer fabric, it is warm and a pea coat is never going to go out of style.
12: Black Leather Gloves: Get rid of mittens, and those dainty little gloves, wear a mans fabric and get some quality leather gloves! Wear them with your new pea coat or with your leather jacket!
So guys! Make sure you have these essentials in your closet! Not only will you look better, but you will look professional and timeless, not to mention, a woman likes a guy who can dress himself appropriately. You will be surprised how versatile your wardrobe will be when you have a multitude of pieces that you can mix and match!