I thought this week I would do a quick confession. I am a hoarder…my hoard is in my purse. But to be fair to me, a woman’s purse is the source of all of her powers…we are the carrier of EVERYTHING. You never know when you might need something random, so having random things in your purse can sometimes be very beneficial.
I thought I would enlighten all of my male readers.
Men do not understand why we need purses and question why we always carry one around. They hate it until they need us to hold some big bulky thing (like a sweatshirt) and we just plop it in our beach bag size purse.
Women need purses, where else are we going to carry our stuff? We do not have deep pockets like men; quite the contrary, sometimes we have no pockets at ALL!
Men: Have you ever looked inside your wife’s, sister’s, mother’s, girlfriend’s purse? Let me give you an idea. Here are all of the things that I currently have in my purse.
Purse: 2013 Michael Kors Jet Setter monogram tote bought from Macys
- Car keys
- Birth certificate
- Dunkin Donuts koozie (got to keep my ice coffee cold!)
- Jar of applesauce (a big jar…)
- Bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- Dior lipstick
- 3 cocktail rings
- 2 bracelets
- 4 pairs of earrings
- Dior perfume
- 12 pens/pencils
- 7 hair elastics
- 1 dryer sheet (to keep everything smelling good…)
- 25 bobbypins
- 75 cents in loose change
- Hand sanitizer
- .18 euro
- Bag of wintergreen mints
- Sand (no idea…it just falls to the bottom of my purse.)
- 4 semi used chapstick’s, all different flavors
ALL of that is in my purse. I also am able to explain each and every one of the items but I will not put you through all that.
So you all must be thinking that I am the weirdest woman on the face of the earth…who carries applesauce around in their purse? Well ladies and gentlemen…I am not the worst offender. I asked a few of my friends what the weirdest thing they have ever found in their purse. Prepare to be amazed!
- Dead flies
- Change from another country in which you have never been
- A clementine that is so old it turned into a rock sediment
- Fully unraveled tampon (not used) that came apart inside the purse
- Random rocks
- Panties (not owned by the owner of the purse)
- Beavers front foot
- Hand grenade without the pin (it was a replica and husband played a joke…)
- Deer call
So as you can see men, women need their bags for all sorts of reasons. Where else are we going to put our hand grenades and beavers feet?
Women are all hoarders in some aspect of our life…most of us, just with our purses!